Class Competition

Class+Competition

Varsity Council introduced their brand-new class points system this year in order to raise school spirit and encourage friendly competition between classes. While a similar idea was put into place in the past, it’s now back and better than ever.

Many students have asked questions about what exactly class points are and how they can be earned. Points can be awarded for attending school events such as sports games, cultural events and various arts and music programs.

Points are also given to people who make posters, get their face painted or buy booster hut gear. This encourages more students to attend school activities and support their peers.

The biggest question everyone wants an answer to is “what’s the prize for the winning class?” We asked Tori Alexander (12), co-president of Varsity Council, to see if she could give us the answer. She says that even the council doesn’t know yet, but it will be “really big, and really fun.” The council is voting on the official prize soon, so keep an eye out for that announcement in the near future.

Having a class points system is a fun way to encourage students to support their class and encourage participation. Hopefully it will bring the student body even closer together and make ISB feel like an even bigger, happier family.

Madeline Grove (12)