ISB’s Great Gatsby

Dating plays a big role for modern day high school kids, and prom has been a huge factor in further developing these relationships of those young individuals. We have all heard from our parents and upperclassmen that prom is a day that we would never forget.

The theme for the 2018 ISB prom was The Great Gatsby at Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit hotel on May 19th.  Before the day of the event, PantherNation asked some people to express their expectations of prom.

“To be honest I don’t really know what to expect. Prom is something that my friends and I have been talking about since we were in middle school. I am excited to get ready with my friends and get to see what everyone wears”. Taylor Chisholm (11)

“I’m unsure what to expect for prom. This is my first time going but it’s something my friends and I have looked forward to for a long time. I’m excited to get ready with my friends and to spend time with them there. It’s nice to have something to look forward to!” Darin Sumethanon (11)

“I think I’ll enjoy the process of preparing for prom and I hope the event is just as exciting. Mostly, I want to have a good time with my friends and experience this with them. The best part about it is prepping with your friends and just enjoying our first prom.” Carissa Tan (11)

The expectation for prom is very different for everybody, as some are just there to hang out with their friends and see some to be with their special someone. But in the end, everyone still expects to go have fun, and enjoy the party. Now, after prom was over, these were the results compared to the expectations:

“Prom ended up being really fun! It was so fun getting ready with my friends and dancing at prom. The venue was a lot smaller than I thought it would be but overall the experience was really amazing. I think my results matched my expectations. My expectations were pretty high, so this was good.” Darin Sumethanon (11)

“My first prom was definitely a memorable one. Getting ready and spending time with friends before and after prom was the highlight. The venue was very nice especially the lighting in the ballroom. I think prom matched my expectations as I anticipated the event way before it happened. Overall, I enjoyed the atmosphere, food, and the people around me during prom.” Carissa Tan (11)

“Overall it was good, the venue was nice and the food was really good. The expectation question I can’t really answer but it was better than last year’s prom, because I didn’t feel as scared since I had more friends there and I wasn’t a freshman anymore.” Xuan Fan Loo (10).

Although most people that usually go to prom are juniors and seniors, in many years such as this one, freshman and sophomores could also go to prom. This supports ISB’s inclusive nature and well planned event that was able to allow both upper and underclassmen to enjoy the event. Overall students were very satisfied with prom and for some, even able to exceed their expectations. Did you go to prom? How was it compared to your expectation? Feel free to leave a comment in the comment section below!