Student Life at International School Bangkok

PantherNation

PantherNation

PantherNation

Extreme Makeover – Lab Edition

Panther Features: Extreme Makeover – Lab Edition from Panther Productions on Vimeo.

An an exciting new addition to the science department this year is the construction of 3 new state-of-the-art labs. They are a completely custom job built by a German crew who are specially trained in installing professional science equipment. They flew to Thailand to work with ISB and give our labs a makeover. The classes that will primarily use them are Chemistry, ESS and Biology.

Some of the new features of the science labs are the overhead gas, water and vacuum appliances that provide each student access to these tools at their desk. Another useful tool is the roaming sinks that can travel anywhere in the classroom.

The installation of the multifunctional overhead hood allows a smaller space to be used more effectively and will make hands on activities easier and more frequent for science classes.

The hood also provides multiple outlets for each desk, so your laptop can always stay charged. Mr. Smith says that he has already used the labs for microscope, soil, and water labs and is very pleased with the result.

So far, it seems like teachers and students are enjoying the new renovations, but time will tell if they improve science classes as much as administration hopes.

New renovations like these are a valuable part in improving the learning process at ISB and giving students the tools they need to succeed.

By Madeline Grove (12)