Student Life at International School Bangkok

PantherNation

PantherNation

PantherNation

The Mysterious Mother’s Rooms

The+Mysterious+Mothers+Rooms+

With its tinted windows, a locked door and inconspicuous sign, the “Mother’s Room” on the first floor has become a source of rumors and mystery. Thankfully, The International is here to crack the case.

The Mother’s Room is a private, clean room for new moms to nurse and spend time with their babies during the school day. With Thai law only giving mothers a 70 day maternity leave, it is hard for moms to leave their newborns and go back to work. Two years ago, three moms from ISB decided they wanted a safe space at school where they could feed their babies without having to go back home multiple times a day.

After their petition was a huge success, ISB granted these moms their wish. The air conditioned room is very clean and well furnished with donated items such as cribs, a couch, and toys. Having a comfortable space for new mothers at ISB allows them to do their job more effectively. This also eliminates some of the stress that comes with being a new parent.

Lastly, we would like to ask that everyone be respectful of the babies and moms in the Mother’s Room, and do not open the door without permission. The mothers are using the room to take care of and spend time with their wonderful babies.

Madeline Grove (12)

View Comments (3)