Student Life at International School Bangkok

PantherNation

PantherNation

PantherNation

Prep for Prom

Where: Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel (previously known as the Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok)

When: May 23rd

Theme: Neon Lights or Glow in the Dark

Ticket prices: 1300 Baht or 1500 Baht at the door

Shopping for a dress or suit:

Shopping for what to wear may or may not be one of the most exciting parts of getting ready for prom, depending on what you make of it. There are hundreds of options out there for both girls and guys.

If you’re still in search of a dress, looking online or at nearby shops is your best bet. Deliveries may take longer than anticipated, but there are plenty of shops right here in Bangkok that probably have what you’re looking for. Try stopping by at Central World, Siam Paragon or the new mall EmQuartier with amazing new shops and collections!

If malls aren’t your thing, you can always find cute little shops on the streets or hidden in the corners of the city, but don’t worry; you’ll most likely find a new suit or dress in this large city!

Finding a date:

Ask someone you have been interested in for a while or even a friend! Your promposal does not have to be elaborate, but if you’re interested in winning two free tickets to this year’s prom, remember you can submit your promposal to the junior council by May 20th.

BUT, don’t be afraid to go all out! Prom is a magical night and you can make your special someone feel even more special if it seems that you put effort into asking them. Plus, it might also woo them if they are unsure about their response.

But definitely don’t fret if you don’t have a date; you can still have fun either way. Enjoy this time with your friends, especially if you’re a senior. This is your last high school dance EVER, so make the best of it and have as much fun as possible.

Help out the prom committee:

COOPERATE! The Prom Committee is putting together a wonderful night for you, possibly one of the most memorable ones of your high school career, so make life easier for them.

–       Bring in a signed permission form before you purchase a ticket.

–       Request songs on the link they provide you with to prevent complaining about the “terrible music choice” on the night.

–       Remember to thank them for their hard work!

Getting ready on the day:

–       make sure to get a full night’s sleep beforehand – no amount of makeup can fake the glow of a well-rested face!

–       Plan ahead with your friends where you’re going to get ready and how you’re going to get to the hotel.

–       Double-check that you have everything you need before you leave the house, and maybe even bring extras, it can’t hurt

But don’t fret if not everything goes as planned. This night is what you make of it! If you’re a junior, enjoy your last dance with the seniors and one of your last dances of high school. Seniors: this is our last ever high school dance. Make the best of it and have an amazing night with your friends!

Arya Bhai