The Instagram Girls of ISB

The Instagram Girls of ISB

Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world.  The ability to share your best photos with a few taps to your friends and family is fun and thrilling.  In ISB, Instagram plays a big part in student’s everyday lives.  Filters are constantly downloaded, captions made, likes and comments gotten and given.

For all those who love Instagram or who don’t, it’s without a doubt that these girls are #goals. The Instagram amateur who wrote this article decided to get tips and tricks from them, to see if the tips that the Instagram experts gave her would help her to improve her game.

The girls on: Lighting

15064932_1800968856782514_987973346_o

“Lighting for me should not be directly in the sun, or else the picture will turn out way too bright. Center it between a bit of shadow and light.” – Xanthe Schuab (@xantasmine)

screen-shot-2016-11-15-at-8-34-29-am

“We choose natural lighting, and if we’re in a restaurant or a cafe, we’ll always sit by the window, where there could be light.” – Pancake Hetrakul (@pancakehetrakul)

“I like being in locations where the sun isn’t behind me, or else the photo turns out too dark.” – Carissa Tan (@carissajtan)

screen-shot-2016-11-15-at-8-29-31-am  screen-shot-2016-11-15-at-8-29-20-am  15053185_1800968846782515_1595928614_o

The Girls On: Poses

“Candid.” – Carissa Tan (@carissajtan)

“I stare into the camera, I don’t smile a lot in my poses.  It takes a lot of pictures for us to find one that we actually like.  For example, we went to Emquartier, and we took around 400 photos, and posted about two.” – Desoraya Techapaibul (@nurdesoraya)

“It depends. If we know we’ll be taking pictures, we’ll pick certain clothes to wear that day, like white or blue.” (@pancakehetrakul)

The girls on: Filters

“I use the app UNUM, to plan my feed in the square layout.  For editing, I use VSCO and the filters I use most are HB2, C1, and HB1, I really love the saturation in these filters because it makes my Instagram pop with color which helps me layout my feed.” – Xanthe Schuab (@xantasmine)

“VSCO and UNUM. I use A6.” – Desoraya Techapaibul (@nurdesoraya)

“I use VSCO as well, HB1.  It depends on which color and what tone you want for your feed.” – Carissa Tan (@carissajtan)

The girls on: Locations

“Locations I shoot at are rooftops in Bangkok, downtown areas close to Emquartier, or places with graffiti walls near Asoke.” – Xanthe Schuab (@xantasmine)

screen-shot-2016-11-17-at-1-32-56-pm“We choose the locations we shoot in based off of the color and the background.” – Desoraya Techapaibul (@nurdesoraya)

screen-shot-2016-11-16-at-5-07-32-pm

“For me, it’s white and blue. I would never take pictures with grass. I change between pictures of myself and pictures of views or food.” – Pancake Hetrakul (@pancakehetrakul)

“I like being in the outside, with natural backgrounds, around trees or a wall.  I would never post pictures of food because it would mess up my theme.” – Carissa Tan (@carissajtan)

The girls on: Their Favorite Instagram Photo

screen-shot-2016-11-15-at-8-19-11-am       screen-shot-2016-11-11-at-9-58-41-am  screen-shot-2016-11-15-at-8-18-45-am

“I love the pop of color in it and the variety it adds to my Instagram.” – Xanthe Schuab (@xantasmine)

screen-shot-2016-11-15-at-8-19-30-am“I love the snowflakes in my hair, I think it makes me look like a Japanese girl.  I stuck my head out of the umbrella, so that the snowflakes would land on my hair, and I almost got sick — my hair was so wet after, it was so cold!  But I got a good photo out of it.” – Desoraya Techapaibul (@nurdesoraya)

“The trip was really good, and I was having a lot of fun with my friends.” – Pancake Hetrakul (@pancakehetrakul)

“I love the background, it’s so natural.  The color is really nice, I love the white and the green in it, and the brightness tone is really nice.” – Carissa Tan (@carissajtan)

The girls on: Captions

screen-shot-2016-11-16-at-5-30-10-pm

“Mostly song lyrics, emojis, and really cheesy captions from google.” – Desoraya Techapaibul (@nurdesoraya)

“I don’t use quotes.  For me, it’s just whatever my mood is, it’s what I’m feeling.  We also use hashtags that we use to categorize our photos all in one place that make coming up with captions a lot easier.” – Pancake Hetrakul (@pancakehetrakul)

The girls on: The feeling of sharing a photo

“Proud, good.” – Pancake Hetrakul (@pancakehetrakul)

“Proud of myself, the photos I post I always really like.” (@nurdesoraya)

Extra Tips:

“The times you post photos really matter. Seven to eight P.M. on Friday and Saturday will give you the most likes!” – Desoraya Techapaibul (@nurdesoraya)

“Don’t feel awkward about taking photos in front of other people.” – Desoraya Techapaibul (@nurdesoraya)

“Have fun with it!  I think our Instagrams show who you are, like your personality and stuff.  There are some people who only post food who have a love of food, and for other people, it’s different.” – Pancake Hetrakul (@pancakehetrakul)

Darin Sumetanon (10)

(@darinsumetanon)