What’s Going On?

From enervating marathons to exquisite art shows, Bangkok has a lot to offer and it’s great for students to have some fun and explore this city before it’s too late. This article sums up some of the upcoming events in Bangkok this year.

1. The 13th World Film Festival Of Bangkok

At the Nation Tower, at 7 pm, and from the 13th to the 22nd of November, Bangkok is having its 13th annual World Film Festival. The Festival will center its attention to the new emerging filmmakers from all over Asia and will showcase some of the top films in international cinema. This festival will also include workshops, masterclasses, exhibitions and discussions.

1. Vertical Marathon

For runners, fitness enthusiasts and/or anyone else interested in doing any running events, the Vertical Marathon is something to look into. The Vertical Marathon 2015 is Bangkok’s 17th edition of the very favored sports event. Unlike most marathons, participants race vertically (hence the name) up 61 floors (196 m) of the Banyan Tree building here in Bangkok. The finish line is located at the popular Vertigo rooftop bar, so the participants can later enjoy refreshments with an outstanding view of Bangkok city. The current record to beat is 6 minutes and 35 seconds. The Vertical Marathon 2015 will take place at 8:00 am on the 8th of November.

Costs:

Amount Of Participants Cost
Individual 400 THB (Charity Entry 1,000 THB)
Couple 800 THB
Mixed Team (4 people) 1,600 THB
  1. Standard Chartered Bangkok Marathon

Another Marathon held in Bangkok is the 18th edition of the Standard Chartered Bangkok Marathon. The event offers five different distances, from 1.5 km to a maximum of 42.195 km (full marathon distance). The marathon’s two start and finish lines are located on the Sanam Chai Road and the race itself takes place on the 15th of November from 2:00 am to 6:10 am.

Race Categories & Times:

Race Categories Start Time Time Limit
Marathon (42.192 km) 2:00 AM 6 Hrs
Half Marathon (21.097 km) 4:00 AM 3 Hrs
Mini Marathon (10.000 km) 6:00 AM 1 Hr 30 Mins
Walk-Fun Run (1.500 & 4.500 km) 6:10 AM 1 Hr 25 Mins
  1. Thai Land Scape

From 6:30 to 9:00 pm and from the 3rd to the 15th of November, Thai Land Scape will showcase a series of black and white fine art photographs that students from CameraEyes school took. The photographs capture varies landscapes around the country.

Location of Event: 939 Rama 1 Rd. Bangkok 10330 Thailand

1. Particles Evolution

Located at the S Gallery, French artist Thibaud Tchertchian will present his latest abstract art. Made with spray paint, the unique pieces of art demonstrate particles in which makeup the physical, chemical and mystical aspects of our universe. Recommended for students interested in art, the event takes place on the 5th of November to the 5th of December from 6:00 to 9:00 pm.

Location of Event:  S Gallery | 189 Sukhumvit Rd. Bangkok, Thailand

1. A Girl Of November

At Chomp on the 6th to the 30th of November at 8:00 to 10:00 pm, Thai artist Tinna Hongngam will present her theme of gender-based violence through some of her astonishing fabric stitches. The main goal of the exhibition is to raise awareness for International Violence Against Women’s Day on the 25th of November. Other than Tinna’s fabric stitches it also displays multiple discussions, screenings and presentations.

Location of Event: Chomp | Samsen Soi 1 Bangkok, Thailand

Chloe S