Three Things You Should Know V

Three Things You Should Know V

As the school year is coming to an end, there is still news that still needs to be reported on, especially in our continuously growing world. The world of science is expanding with new research on spiders, Facebook is making changes to the news you see on your feed, and fourteen Russian olympic athletes were found using performance enhancing drugs, and it is all covered in this years ending edition of Three Things You Should Know.

Orb spider web; J Schmidt; 1977

Professor Fritz Vollrath, a zoologist who has a passion for spiders has worked with them for 40 years. Recently, he has found a way to use the silk from spiders to make implants that can rejuvenate human joints and nerves. It can and has been used to successfully cover up wounds due to its biodegradable nature.

f8-facebook-mark-zuckerberg-0112

Facebook recently found itself in a situation where it allegedly kept certain news stories and topics out of the trending news section. Despite denying the reports made by websites such as Gizmodo and the Guardian, Facebook is set to change the news that shows up in order to calm the bias allegations.

maxresdefault
Various Russian athletes were tested for using drugs to enhance their ability, and 14 of them were tested positive, including Anna Chicherova, who was shocked when she found out about the news. She plans to clear her name, believing this to be a big mistake.

Jack Ducharme