Artists On The Roof

On December 3rd, FPAC will host their annual Artists On The Roof, which will take place on the balcony of the CC building from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. The event will be filled with unique performances by various young artists including singers, comedians, dancers, actors, poets and bands. In other words, it is bound to be a night to remember.

Why it is such a special event?

Artists on the roof is dedicated to giving young artists an opportunity to showcase their talent in a relaxed environment with a smaller and supportive audience. According to Marsha Niemeijer (12), who is the co-president of FPAC, “the whole point of Artists On The Roof is the fact that it is very small and very intimate. Although there are other opportunities for everyone to perform throughout the year, no other event provides as intimate a space as Artists On The Roof. If an artist is ever too shy or nervous to perform in front of a large crowd, this is the space for them.”

Other than being a safe haven for shy artists, it is also a great event for other artistic students to come together. With its peaceful atmosphere and extraordinary performances, the event is bound to inspire other students to perform in the future; to get them out of their shells. It also makes a great night out for the many other artistic students that are moved by the performing arts.

Whether you are an artist or simply someone interested in listening to some great music, Artists On The Roof is not an event to forget! It is fun, original and always a surprise with the many new artists and acts that are performed each year. Don’t forget that it’s never too late to become a performer. New performers are always welcome, especially if they have a strong passion for what they do.

Chloe S