BISAC Tournaments @ISB

One week after a well deserved school break for the students, three BISAC tournaments took place in ISB, the U15 Girls Touch Rugby, U15 Boys Rugby and JV Boys Volleyball finals.

dsc_0538

The U15 ISB boys rugby team reached the semifinals after winning one of their two pool games and finishing second of the group. The Panthers were matched up against the first place finisher of Pool A,  Bangkok Patana. It was a match with a great intensity and tough tackles. Despite the undeniable will and determination from our boys, BPS won the game 24-5 thanks to their impressive collective strength.

For our U15 girls touch team, it was a tournament between fischools. In the round robin format, the team that wins the more points is the BISAC champion. ISB played very well, winning 8-1 in the both two first games, before crushing NIST 6-0 in the third match. The last game against BPS was crucial, a de-facto final between the two unbeaten teams. After a tight game full of suspense, BPS got the gold medal by holding onto their 4-3 lead.

dsc_0607

The JV boys volleyball’s path through the tournament was honorable as well. Thanks to a mix of enthusiasm, talent, and support from a fantastic, crazed crowd, the Panthers reached the final against BPS on the hardwood of Rajendra Court.

The first set was dominated by BPS, winning thanks to powerful smashes from their tall players.

In the second set, ISB was in command until the very end, when the Tigers of BPS managed an amazing comeback to become BISAC champions.

Across the city, ISB had similarly successful results. The JV girls volleyball team earned a silver medal, while the JV girls soccer team triumphed over the competition to return home champions of BISAC! The JV boys soccer team proved to be a top contender over the season, but a narrow defeat and goal difference meant the team had to settle for 7th place. It was a successful season for all our JV teams.

The U15 and U13 boys basketball teams won the city championship, and while the U15 team battled through multiple one-point and OT affairs, the U13 team demonstrated its strength by running over the competition. The U13 and U15 basketball teams played with passion and pride, defending like champions all day long. Unfortunately, we just couldn’t score enough buckets to finish in the medals. Congratulations to all our coaches and players! Go Panthers!

Reporter :  Talyann SOW