Panther Trails – Ciel Sri

In an ongoing feature at PantherNation, we will be checking in every few weeks with recent alumni as they offer their advice and reactions to University life.

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 7.50.48 AM

Name: Ciel Sri

ISB Class of: 2015

College: Tufts University

Years in College: 2

1. What school are you at? What career path are you pursuing?

I plan on majoring in Economics and International Relations (my concentration will be in either Economic Development or International Trade).

1. How would you describe the transition from ISB to your new College?

A little rocky. The one thing I attribute to having a better transition than others is from doing international orientation, where I met my 3 best friends and was introduced to such a key community. Regardless, I think everyone’s transition to college will be a little challenging or with some kinks here and there, it’s just a matter of how they choose to tackle their problems! Despite the semi-rough transition, I absolutely love it here.

1. Do you feel ISB prepared you well for your College experience (both academically and socially)?

Yes. Doing full IB (while difficult), prepared me very well. One thing I had to learn was about being proactive about meeting my professors who taught huge (50+ student) lectures. Socially, I’d say I’m pretty well adjusted as much as the next person, but there were definitely some culture shocks coming into an all-American environment from a pretty diverse international community. But honestly, I can’t imagine being anywhere else.

1. What advice would you give to this year’s Seniors as they follow in your footsteps next year?

Work hard, play hard. Relish these last moments, especially in such a great community and city. Eat all the Thai food. Remember the people around you, because they will remind you of who you were at this point in your life.

1. Any other thoughts to share?

I’ve been crazy feverishly sick these last two days, and 4 classmates have offered me their notes and too many friends have given me medicine, tried to help diagnose me, ran to get me food, and scolded me for not drinking enough water. They say college is great because you get to live without parents but somehow, halfway across the world, I’ve had 10 new moms materialize the moment I got a fever. College is a really, really great place, and I hope you’ll all be able to make a home out of it. 🙂

View Comments (1)