Stressed out? We all are.

Tis the season to be stressed out! The end of the first semester can be one of the most stressful time of the year. Don’t worry and relax!

College apps are due. Exams are coming. Things are really stressful right now. Let yourself relax this month with a few of these helpful hints (from practically an expert at being stressed out).

1. Listen to some calming music.

It seems pretty straightforward, but listening to music is one of the best ways to just calm down, and let yourself relax. You can listen to whatever works for you, but here are some playlists designed specifically to calm you down (and, from personal experience, actually work).

https://8tracks.com/crescendos/i-ll-be-okay

https://8tracks.com/abbie_dftba/pumpkin-spice-and-everything-nice

https://8tracks.com/flinchbitch/study-with-film-scores

1. Tackle your work one step at a time

If it is the night before everything is due and you have done nothing, the number one thing you should not do is avoid your work, that will just add to your stress. Not fun. Prioritize your work, tackle the little things first so you can tick some things off your list. Just push through, and do not move on to one task until you finish your last.

1. Let yourself chill!

I get it. You have an essay and a presentation due tomorrow, an IA in two days, and you are starting to panic. When you are super stressed, anxious, and do not know where to start, instead of stressing yourself out more, relax. Let yourself wind down for an hour, or even half an hour, then once you are in the right state, start your work. Just turn off the lights, lie down, and let yourself relax! Trust me, you will thank me later.

1. Just breath

If you do not have time to take an hour long break, just calm down and breath, you will be okay. Close your eyes and breath in and out slowly, doing this until your heart rate goes back to normal. Then start tackling your work.

1. Eat!

If you are home from school, and freaking out about how much work you have, make yourself a (healthy) snack, and drink something. Maybe have tea, water, or juice, anything that you want as long as it does not have caffeine. You may think caffeine will help you focus but in reality it just makes you jittery, stay away!

There you go, five ways for you to (hopefully) be a little less stressed out this semester. Winter break is coming, so use that time to catch up on your sleep and let yourself stop worrying. Remember to get enough sleep, drink enough water, and relax!

Hanna W