The Sick Secretary

The Sick Secretary

Following the September 11th memorial this year, American Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton was seen leaving the event with the help of three people due to a sudden bout of sickness.

Tscreen-shot-2016-10-10-at-9-24-44-pmhis caused a short uprise in the media, with many people debating and doubting on Hillary Clinton’s ability to lead the U.S if she was sick. Clinton’s doctors later diagnosed her with pneumonia.

Pneumonia is a type of lung infection that makes you cough, experience a fever, or have breathing difficulties. One might catch pneumonia from others in a community-based case, or in a hospital or nursing home by breathing in germs.

screen-shot-2016-10-10-at-9-15-38-pm

High school English teacher David Giles gave input on this topic. Mr. Giles mentioned that “people were worried because she is older and they are worried about her being frail” despite the media making a big deal out of the situation. He is not as concerned about this situation as he was at first because, “she has the best doctors in the world to take care of her, and a lot of money.” The only thing he is worried about is Donald Trump using it against her, which is exactly what happened. It was reported on CBC News that Presidential Candidate Donald Trump has questioned Clinton’s health multiple times and told supporters that Clinton “lacks the mental and physical stamina to serve as president and fight ISIS.”screen-shot-2016-10-10-at-9-29-14-pm

Although the media has made this situation a bigger deal than it should have had, I do not think this will have a large impact on her chances of becoming president. Pneumonia is something everyone can recover from, and we have medical data to support that Clinton is no exception. But in the end, it is all of our opinions that count, which means that we need to think carefully before making huge decisions such as picking our new president.

Grace Yang