Student Life at International School Bangkok

PantherNation

PantherNation

PantherNation

Operation Smile

marc ascher – operation smile
Credit: Marc Ascher

Operation Smile is a community service club at the International School Bangkok (ISB) that serves to help and support children with cleft lips and cleft palates. In the past months, our club members have dedicated their time and effort to raise money to provide surgeries for children born with these defects. During October — ISB’s designated Health Awareness Month — Operation Smile was successful in running another annual raffle, giving us the opportunity to provide a life changing surgery for one more child.

Throughout this event, not only were we able to raise awareness for children with cleft palates and cleft lips, but also were fortunate enough to have the participation of the ISB student body to help change other people’s lives forever. With donations and support from a community with over 2000 teachers, students, parents and staff, our club was able to raise over 20,000 baht that will go towards covering the costs of the surgery for another child, changing the world one smile at a time.

Operation Smile would like to sincerely thank both everyone who has supported our cause, as well as our wonderful advisers, Mr.Giles, Mr.Sheridan, Mr.Weiser and Ms.Saddington, for helping us coordinate the raffle. In addition, we would also like to thank all our outstanding sponsors who donated amazing raffle prizes and gave a life changing experience for children in need.

Operation Smile 2015 Raffle Sponsors:

Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 6.11.40 PM