Club of the Month: Photography

Club of the Month: Photography

Here at ISB we pride ourselves on having a diverse and unique selection of clubs for students to choose from. Over 100, to be exact! This ensures that every single student at ISB can have an environment to be with others who share the same passion as him or her. Also, a unique aspect of ISB’s clubs is that they are mainly student-run, which gives student more say on what goes on in the club. Whether it is anime or robotics or diving that you are passionate about, there is always a club that you can join!

This month’s featured club is Photography Club. It is a club that aims to create an environment for avid photographers to flourish in. “We (also) act as a service that can be hired to take photographs at any event, group photos and art projects”, states Grace Currie, the president of the Photography Club, “All our profits go to art supplies at local Thai schools”. To promote creativity, they also have a monthly theme on which members of the club base their photos. “These photos are now featured on the photography club Facebook page”, she adds.

When asked what the Photography Club hopes to achieve, Grace states “Our goal as a club is to support the arts and photography in this school. We wish to spread awareness of the art form and help the student body learn an appreciation for photography. We create a creative environment for those who have a passion for photography. We aim to help and support our community through the arts”.
The Photography Club meets every other Tuesday. As stated before, Grace Currie is the president of Photograph Club. The Vice President is Genie Pakvisal, while the club supervisor/sponsor is Mr. Tahan. They meet every other Tuesday in the Photoroom. If you have questions about Photography Club, make sure to email either Grace ([email protected]) or Mr. Tahan!

Poon S