Club Of The Month

In the past editions of The International, there has been a section to honor clubs at ISB, called “Club Of The Month”. You may have noticed it stopped recently, but we are here to bring it back!

ISB is home to more than a hundred student-led clubs, and it is definitely something our ISB community should embrace, as it shows our incredible diversity and passion.

The club being featured this month is the Yearbook Club, lead by Mrs. Redmond, and this is what she had to say regarding the club’s recent establishment this year:

“There have been big changes in the way the HS Yearbook (Erawan) is created. Prior to this year, the yearbook team was comprised of students who chose Yearbook as a class. It was taught as an elective but because it was only offered in a single period, there were few places on offer and many of our creative students were unable to be involved. This year, all that changed. Yearbook is no longer offered as a course and is instead offered as a club, open to any student in our high school. This allows for a greater diversity of students to contribute. The Yearbook club meets twice weekly during Tuesday and Thursday lunch in room 3-112 with additional meetings on a needs basis for the different yearbook sections. The club is run by a group of dedicated editors, many of whom were involved in the class in previous years.”  – Mrs. Redmond.

Mrs Redmond offers faculty support and guidance but the club is primarily student run. The Editors; Faith Pearson and Julie Kim hold the greatest responsibility for the club and for the publication itself, nothing can be included in Yearbook without their prior approval.

Supporting the editors are the section editors for Sports (Veronica Itinger and Patrick Rivera) and Student Life (Devi De Oliveira & Terri Askew).

“The yearbook is one of the most highly anticipated publications of the school year so members are sworn to secrecy about its content, theme and layout. This year we are working towards a unique, never been used before theme and aim to include every student in some way!” – Mrs. Redmond.

Make sure to contact either Mrs. Redmond or one of the officers if you are interested in becoming an active member!

Carol Z